Monday, November 18, 2013

The Not Quite an Update

Well damn.. It's really been over a month?!?!?!?

How the hell did that happen?

I'm not prepared to write a full update, but that's because I have not been sitting in my laurels! And most nights I'm exhausted.

Emptying your life of 30 adult, child raising, yrs worth of crap is time consuming, emotionally draining, scary, exhausting, physically tiring damn hard work, enlightening, inspirational, uplifting, totally awesome and personally satisfying. I feel like I have accomplished some major shit here. All.. well, mostly by myself.

I need a nap.

My house is almost empty. Of personal things, anyway. By the end of this weekend when I take what's left to an auction there will be nothing left to do here but a last cleaning.

The motorhome is stored for the winter. I originally rented a spot at a storage lot, but ended up finding and renting a site in a campground for next summer - and was able to store it on my site for the winter cheaper than the original spot, so there she waits. I decided to winterized her myself, don't ask me why.. still not sure if that was worth it. Probably. Her plumbing is filled with pink yumminess, her tanks are empty, plastic covered boards under her sneakers and batteries pulled. Not bad if I do say so myself... Also everything I'm keeping but don't need for the winter is moved into her, and I accomplished it all while in the midst of the 'get everything you own gone' crunch time too!

So that's where I am...

This part will all be over in less than two weeks. I just keep telling myself that.

The dogs are a little squirrelly.. Trying to keep things normal for them is impossible right now... And truthfully.. It might be a damn long time, if ever, before 'normal' can be defined for us again!

Have I mentioned before that I have dogs? I do. :) Two of em. I'll tell you about them sometime, but they deserve their own post.

Toodles for now... Need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment