Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I know, I know... It's been a long time again!

Time has just flown by..

By November 30th my house was empty, cleaned, and 99.9% of my un-necessary stuff gone! I gave a ton of stuff away, but it went to good people or Purple Heart and I had just lost patience with selling stuff. Even a few things I had listed and inquiries about on Craig's List I ended up responding with... "If you can use it, come and get it - Merry Christmas even if its not your holiday!" That actually felt pretty damn good! So in the end everything that needed to get gone, got gone in time!

In the last hours of my last day at the house I had a bit of a panic attack about moving in with my girlfriend for three months. I love her dearly, like a sister... But it's been a long time since I've lived with anyone (other than people I've allowed to stay in my home), I'm a bit of a loner at times... And I have two dogs! I wasn't really sure how things would go and didn't want to risk f'in up a good friendship. Also I kind if felt like this was my journey and it WAS possible for me to move the motorhome to another campground, very close to my job, and move in now. In the end... After talking to the campground owner (yes it was possible) and my sister and Jerry... I decided since I'd already winterized and de-batteried the motorhome I was being silly and should just relax and stay the course I had plotted.

Good decision. My dogs love Cindy and adjusted pretty quickly. They miss their fenced yard, and don't appreciate being walked instead of running around a yard, but they need to get used to that anyway! They will not have free rein at the campground, on the road, or in the desert!

It's also good for me and Cindy.. I can help her with some projects, we both have some company, and she doesn't have to drive to my house all the time like she used to!!! Hahahaha

She has even decided that she'd like a dog (or two?) of her own! And is making a trial run by watching and walking my babies for two weeks while I flew to TX to visit with Jerry over the holidays!

I've been here just over week and will be here till this Sunday when I'll fly home and resume life in the frigid NE! The weather here this year has pretty much sucked, but its warmer than PA and I'm with Jerry, who I haven't seen since September. I'm happy and blessed to be here.

Tonight we have grand plans to hang out quietly together, watch some movies and the ball drop.. And if its not raining, maybe go fishing in the morning. Or not, who knows!

Anyway... I hope everyone else is having a safe and Happy New Year and I'll try to keep a better and more up-to-date journal here in the new year! Still much work to be done before take-off next fall! BTW... Targeting Black Friday for 'head out on the road' day!! :)

Toodles,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment