Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Speaking of Tools..

I only have a few.  I mean that literally, not sarcastically. 

Until 9 months ago my entire collection, or toolbox, consisted of a hammer, a few stray screwdrivers (definitely at least one each Phillips and Flat!), a spark plug wrench and an adjustable wrench that is way to big to be useful for anything.  I can't remember ever using it. 

There was no "toolbox"

The spark plug thingie and at least one screw driver were out in the garage and the hammer, another screwdriver or two, and the huge adjustable wrench were on the basement landing shelf.  I also have a micro screwdriver/allen wrench set.  The kind you use for laptops/computers.  I actually use that more than anything else. 

And then.. Enter Jerry!  LOL  He's the guy who NEVER 'Calls the Guy'!!  There is one exception (isn't there always?!?) Anyone with a best friend who is a master mechanic would be a fool not to consult and/or defer to superior automotive talents, yes?  So he does call Steve, The Auto Guy, for advice.  Never really known him to call anyone else. 

Anyway, on the other end of the scale.. I totally am the reason 'The Guy' exists.  I have no macho ego to prevent the call, and I don't really know how to do anything mechanical.  I 'Call the Guy' regularly.  That makes me an economical asset! I regularly support financial growth in my local economy.  Yippee for me right? Right?  Blech..

So like I said, enter Jerry.  It took a while for the numbers to add up on paper because I wasn't expecting or looking for it.  But Daaamn! He fixed a lot of shit for next to nothing, and I was FIXED myself!  I want in on this deal!  Which basically means instead of Calling the Guy, I need to become The Guy!

And so a bit of a tool obsession began... 

Shhhh  no one realizes yet.. 

Please don't tell

Mahahahahahaha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brandon! I read a lot of blogs, but I'm new to keeping one up-to-date. This is my second attempt and I hope I do better than last time... :) Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete